[thelist] Shoutcast Hosting

Chris Dorer cdorer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 09:56:40 CST 2009

Ahh yes, shoutcast is pretty specific to AOL as an audio streaming
application.

I've noticed icecast is an open source solution.  It will be a small use, as
it'll be streamed live three times one day a week.

I was thinking a hosted solution would provide some level of effective
horsepower in the event we get many users listening.  I'm trying to plan for
down the road with that thought.  Maybe a hosted solution will be too much
in the beginning.

Chris

--
The abuse of greatness is when it disjoins remorse from power -- William
Shakespeare