[thelist] Source Control

Zachary Kent zachary.kent at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 20:41:32 CST 2009

With SVN you can do a switch function where you switch your local working
copy to point to a different branch, tag, or even repository.  Make your
changes to your working copy as needed while pointing to your "local" repo
and then once you are ready, switch the working copy to point to the global
repo.  I often switch a working copy that is pointing to the trunk to point
to a newly created branch.  This can be done from one repo to another as
well.

Zach