[thelist] Javascript popups

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 8 05:47:31 CST 2010

2010/1/6 Chrome <admin at chrome.me.uk>:
> Except in IE.  The popup is flickering when the mouse is moved.  I know this
> to be to do with the onmouseout() I've applied but I can't get it to stop
> flickering

Yup, onmouseout is definitely being fired when the cursor goes between
text and background inside the popup.  onmouseover is being fired
straight after though.  Why?  Not 100% sure.  But the mouseover&out
events are also bubbling up from the elements within your popup.  You
could always put such transitions on 1/4sec timeouts so you can cancel
the hide transition if you receive the popup event in the meantime.
You're doing the display in inline script though, it would be easier
to implement the timeouts if you had a generic function to contain
such logic.  Or figure out a way to manage the event bubbling in a
predictable way.

--
Lee
www.webdeavour.co.uk