[thelist] Newbie with First Ubuntu Server

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Tue Jan 12 23:06:05 CST 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 00:57:18 +0100, Matthew Pulis <mpulis at gmail.com> wrote:
> you might want also to install webmin .. its very good to help you set up
> server using a gui interface .. i prefer config file editing but webmin
> helped me do the transition better ;) webmin is not an aptitude package
> however if im not mistaken you can download the debian and install it :)

There's a reason Webmin isn't in the Ubuntu or Debian repositories: it's
very insecure. I don't recommend it at all. Rather stick to editing the
config files, it's not that dofficult.

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/
b: http://blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za/