[thelist] remove

Terion Miller webdev.terion at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 06:35:20 CST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Will <willthemoor at gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:22 AM
To: bobm at dottedi.biz; thelist at lists.evolt.org <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Subject: Re: [thelist] [Gimp-user] GIMP vs Photoshop

Maybe it's me but they both seem woefully inadequate as web design apps. I
mean, they both work and obviously lots of people have done incredible work
with both (and fireworks) but they all lack web focus. No pre-flight for
web, no concept of relative font sizes, no concept of the cascade, no help
with sprites, no notion of a hover state... fireworks gets pngs pretty right
but GIMP and PS fail pretty badly though cs4 is moving in the right
direction. At least GIMP doesn't cost you a vacation to hawaii.

I keep dreaming that some smart person will take the gimp engine and put a
web smart front end on it.