[thelist] Freeze scripting

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 09:40:34 CST 2010

I'm working on debugging some very JS-intensive, content-heavy pages with a
lot of DOM manipulation with Firefox and Firebug. There are many instances
where I want to hit a switch and freeze all page activity so I can take a
long look at the code as it stands.

I'm thinking of some kind of bookmarklet or plugin that would with one touch
instantly halt all scripting and cut any transfers.

The disasters I'm looking to autopsy in the throes of death are FOUC kind of
beasts subject to loading stacks, partially interpreted markup/styles,
overlapping scripts, over-eager rendering, etc.

I don't want to debug scripts, more look at the page in situ. Any ideas?

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carroll at gmail.com
07594 506 381