[thelist] Freeze scripting

kasimir-k kasimir.k.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:42:36 CST 2010

Barney Carroll scribeva in 2010-01-19 17:40:
> I'm working on debugging some very JS-intensive, content-heavy pages with a
> lot of DOM manipulation with Firefox and Firebug. There are many instances
> where I want to hit a switch and freeze all page activity so I can take a
> long look at the code as it stands.
> I don't want to debug scripts, more look at the page in situ. Any ideas?

I think that the only way to stop scripts are breakpoints in Firebug.
Never come across anything that would stop JS in the middle of its
execution - let alone stop rendering of HTML.

But there seems to be utilities that can freeze a proces:
<http://www.google.com/search?q=%22freeze+a+process%22>
So while you can't tell the browser to stop JS execution or HTML
rendering, you can ask your OS to stop the entire browser.

.k