[thelist] optimizing your website

Meshack meshack at hrts.org
Thu Feb 11 14:30:25 CST 2010

Just wanted to let you all know about this article I wrote recently:

For 2 reasons... I'd like feedback so I can finetune some of the points in
the article. For instance, I think so far it could really benefit from some
case studies. And also because I think it may be helpful to people here on

The article started as research I was doing into the page load sequence of
the Web Browser while trying to trouble shoot a javascript I was writing. I
found the page load sequence accounted for maybe 80% of the total time it
takes a page to load, so of course the most effective optimization
techniques should tackle that front end process. Anyway, hope this is