[thelist] TIFF iFilters

Conyers, Dwayne dwayne.conyers at hp.com
Sat Feb 27 13:51:37 CST 2010

We have taken on a project for a customer who has over 100,000 TIF files to go into SharePoint.  We actually proposed another Records Management solution -- but they own MOSS 2007 and not interested in purchasing any other software.

These are in TIFF format and an iFilter will be needed to interpret (OCR) the documents for indexing purposes.

Any recommendations?  We liked Captaris but were told their tool has been suddenly withdrawn from the market.  :-(

Thanks.

--
The generation that took acid to escape reality is now taking antacid to deal with reality
http://blog.dwacon.com