[thelist] flash video and IE7 / IE8

Anthony Baratta anthony at baratta.com
Fri Mar 5 23:29:17 CST 2010

On 3/5/2010 8:17 PM, Bob Meetin wrote:
> But if I do the same with IE7 it goes south. I intentionally try to
> leave things fairly vanilla so that the computer can reasonably emulate
> the same pain as the viewer is experiencing. What I really want to know
> is if this common/normal behavior (for IE7) and I just didn't set up the
> div as you suggest with SWFObject as I should have.

Bob....

Not sure if someone has mentioned this or not, but Developer Tools built
into IE 8 do a really good job of "dumbing down" IE 8 to IE 7. I've been
able to use the Developer Tools to see every "quirk" reported by my
clients using IE 7 and fix accordingly.

Developer Tools is the poor man's Firebug, but it's much better than a
sharp stick in the eye. :-)

--
Anthony Baratta

No snowflake ever falls in the wrong place.
— Zen Proverb