[thelist] Background to text using jQuery

Barney Carroll barney.carroll at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 08:39:59 CST 2010

Hiya Kevin,

The cycle plugin you're using is specifically assigning a background colour,
derived from the nearest ancestor's background, for transition elements on
IE browsers. From the code comments, it looks like the author wanted to
specifically target IE6 during fade transitions, but obviously this isn't
happening (IE7 + 8 still render anti-aliasing differently at less than full
opacity, so we don't want to eliminate them from the equation). We should,
however, only be calling this function if the effect is a fade.

Replace line 204:
if (!$.support.opacity && opts.cleartype && !opts.cleartypeNoBg)

…with this:
 if (!$.support.opacity && opts.cleartype && !opts.cleartypeNoBg && opts.fx
=== 'fade')

Sorts everything out on my local replica. Let us know if this does the job.

Regards,
Barney Carroll

barney.carroll at gmail.com
07594 506 381