[thelist] Mac advice?

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Tue Mar 30 12:34:49 CDT 2010

Depends on how much you want to spend, really. Any of the Core2Duo MacBooks will work for iPhone development. Get 2GB of ram at a minimum, more is better. Swapping out the hard disk for an SSD or more modern 7200 RPM disk will improve performance.

Note that while used Macs are cheaper than new, they don't depreciate too fast, especially the laptops.

I don't know if Apple does this in the UK, but they offer refurbished units for sale in the Apple Store online. Often you can get a Mac direct from Apple with a full warranty for not much more than used ones are selling for on eBay.

-Pete