[thelist] contract vs. requirements doc

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 08:55:34 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:
> I'm reviewing a contract this AM.  As a technician, web technologist, I work
> best when I have a reasonably defined list of functional requirements in
> front of me.  With this client we've reviewed the functional requirements
> several times and agreed upon deliverables.
> What is an acceptable way in this industry to refer to the requirements but
> not include them in a contract?  Or is it really up to the parties involved?
>  Including these details makes for a lengthy document.

Do you have formal sign off from the client on the requirements
documentation? If so, I would simply refer to the mutually agreed-upon
requirements documented in $name_of_document and signed off by both
parties on $date. Personally, I would also attach the document as an

If you are consulting, you are expected to produce laughably lengthy

Matt Warden
Cincinnati, OH, USA