[thelist] nopCommerce, Zen Cart or osCommerce?

Steve Clason stevec at topdogstrategy.com
Tue May 11 13:42:56 CDT 2010

Nan Harbison wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if they have a preference for one of these ecommerce
> packages? My client has basically one product to sell, a physical product
> that will have to be shipped, and she could perhaps have more products in
> the future, but probably not many. The hosting she is using allows the three
> shopping carts listed above.

I've used both osCommerce and zenCart and both have way too much
overhead for a single product offering. I use a SimpleCaddy plug-in
[PayPal only, sadly] for Joomla for clients with a handful of things to
sell. You could set up a Joomla [or Drupal] site as quickly as you could
either of the ecommerce packages, IMO.

But to answer your question: after trying both I decided on ZenCart over
osCommerce several years ago. I don't remember exactly why anymore, but
usually decide that stuff on how easy the templating system is to use.

FWIW.

--
Steve Clason
Boulder, Colorado, USA