[thelist] Redirects on IIS for SEO

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Wed May 12 11:09:38 CDT 2010

We moved a site from a Linux server to a Windows server running IIS.  I get
notices when 404 pages are hit, so I can see what is happening.  I've been
seeing errors for pages that were probably legitimate on the old server.
However, they do not exist on the new server.

What is the best way to handle this in IIS?  I don't really want to set up a
bogus file for each of the "bad" pages to do a 301 redirect, and in some
cases they might have been a PDF file.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Todd