[thelist] Higher Screen Resolutions

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Thu May 20 15:36:38 CDT 2010

On 2010/05/20 22:53 (GMT+0300) Fred Jones composed:

> In my opinion, we make normal sites for normal users.

This is a limitation by designer choice that discriminates against non-normal
users, regardless whether their deviation from whatever normal is is under
their control.

> Catering to
> every user in the world is not necessarily even a goal, even if it
> where intelligent or affordable.

Catering to a subset of the universe of all internet users who might have use
for a particular site is a choice that site's designer makes. There isn't
necessarily a material difference in cost between catering to a subset and
catering to the entire universe, once one gets beyond the cost switching of
between limiting and non-limiting paradigms. Removing the artificial
constraints should at some point result in lower cost, making affordability a
non-issue.
--
Better a man say nothing and be thought a fool than to
speak and remove all doubt.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/