[thelist] ajax example - php / mysql

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Fri May 21 11:26:08 CDT 2010

Jay wrote:
> Bob-
>
> First of all, the example that you linked to works just fine. Well, it
> works in FF, Chrome, and Safari. I don't have a copy of IE around to
> test at the moment :(
>
> So the first question is, what browser are you using?
>
> -Jay

Once again curious.

On my Ubuntu Linux desktop, it fails with Firefox 3.0.17, Epiphany and
Seamonkey but works with Konqueror and Opera.
On my Windows PC, it works with Firefox 3.5.5 and IE 7.x

The demo link: http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_ajax_database.asp

On my Linux PC I disabled all addons/toolsbars such as Web Develop but
it makes no difference. I checked my browser preferences but didn't see
anything obvious such as javascript disabled that would compromise it.

-B