[thelist] 100% editable CMS?

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Mon Jun 21 11:27:53 CDT 2010

Simon MacDonald wrote:
> Thanks Pieter,
>
> That's interesting, however I don't think it will be enough for him. He's
> already 'designed' the site, in MS Publisher, like Jean-Luc Picard he seems
> to want someone to 'Make it so" on the internet. But with the proviso that
> he can go and edit everything as if it was in Publisher. I've tried to make
> his expectations more realistic but it doesn't seem to work. I'm tempted to
> tell him to use Publisher himself and generate the site, but the html/css
> output is so awful it goes against my professional ethics to do so!
>
> I may just decline to tender for it. He has already paid someone money to
> build a site but they went bust.
>
> Cheers
>
> Simon

I had a guy who seemed to get frustrated with me because I kept
requesting requirements as opposed to offering a canned solution without
input before quoting a price.  This sounds like a case where it may be
difficult to please him no matter what you do.  Perhaps gracefully punt?

--
Bob Meetin
dotted i