[thelist] CF: Keeping CFCs in application scope. Good or bad?

Mark Mandel mark.mandel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 08:26:22 CDT 2010

Frank,

There should be no major problems with putting your CFCs in the application
scope.  You can easily store thousands of them (depending on your ram
limits) in there without too much difficulty.

Be aware that when you put CFCs in the session scope, every unique session
will get a copy of those, so I would limit those to CFCs that represent your
session state, i.e. something like a User object, etc.

You may want to look at a dependency injection framework like ColdSpring (
http://www.coldspringframework.org/) to help you organise your CFCs as well.

Mark

E: mark.mandel at gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

cf.Objective(ANZ) - Nov 18, 19 - Melbourne Australia
http://www.cfobjective.com.au

Hands-on ColdFusion ORM Training
www.ColdFusionOrmTraining.com