[thelist] Form Security

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jul 20 08:51:39 CDT 2010

DAVOUD TOHIDY noted ...

>>What I am interested in is receiving only the Alphabetical text without anything extra from the user.

Hi Davoud,

IIRC your example code dealt with a 'name' field, didn't it?   Just pointing out that there are quite a few folks around the world who feel that the correct alphabetical text to represent their name may include a single quotation mark ... or any number of interesting diacritical accent marks above (or below) a character ... or even, perhaps, some more challenging alphabetical characters such as an Icelandic thorn or a German eszett.

... and we wouldn't want to antagonize a potentially important customer by butchering their name, now would we?

Cheers,
RonL.