[thelist] YouTube type videos

David Laakso david at chelseacreekstudio.com
Wed Jul 21 16:16:40 CDT 2010

Bob Meetin wrote:
> Be it YouTube or some other service, what is the general consensus of
> embeding YouTube videos on the home page of a supposedly
> quality-styled website? I tend to resist, but commonly get harrassed
> into making it happen.  Placing them and similar in blog entries is
> fine by me, but I'm not enthused about the home page. -Bob

I see nothing wrong in placing it on the home page providing the user
can view or not view it at their discretion.

OTOH, I have a real problem when I go to the dotted.biz home page on a
116.5dpi wide screen monitor. There I am confronted simultaneously with
mousetype content text, and madly blinking rotating images. First
reaction: hit the back button before I start to foam at the mouth,
pass-out, and hit the deck.

Best,
~d

--