[thelist] CF: Moving datasources from one machine to another

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Tue Aug 10 14:40:01 CDT 2010

Go log into the CF Administrator and under Packaging and Deployment,
you'll see an option for Coldfusion Archives. Type in a name like
"DevBackup" and click Create. There is a little pop up wizard that
will let you back up datasources, mappings, debug settings, jvm
settings, etc. This will create a .car file and when you get the new
machine up, just go back into Packaging and Deployment and deploy the
existing archive.

If you feel like digging in deeper and doing it yourself, you should
take a look at the cfadmin tag that has access to all the
Administrator api functionality and you can script it yourself.
Creating a .car file, however, is nice and easy.

Judah