[thelist] CSS issue: Break in visual design of page

Frank Marion lists at frankmarion.com
Wed Aug 18 15:29:11 CDT 2010

On 2010-08-18, at 2:09 PM, Audrey Blumeneau wrote:
> I have a page for an artist that I have designed with the center
> background image to repeat in the main content area dependent on how
> much material will be there.  It's really quite basic and simple.
> But apparently I am missing something as I can't get the footer to
> line up against the main content area.  There is a very clear "break".
>
> I get this same break if I move the background image from the
> #wrapper to the #header.  Currently the #wrapper has the background
> image for the top portion of the design and the #footer has the
> background image for the bottom image design.  All is good except
> for that break between the content and the footer.

I'm not clear on what you're asking. IF what you're asking is to have
the footer appear beneath the image, rather that to its right, try
clear:both your #footer rather than inserting a break with clear both.
Then apply the necessary styles to align it to the image.

  You could then remove the excess <br class="brclear" /> if you so
choose.

--
Frank Marion
lists [_at_] frankmarion.com