[thelist] Web Photo Gallery

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Mon Aug 23 13:42:05 CDT 2010

I'm looking to implement a photo gallery into a website for my client.  Was
looking at different PHP gallery tools, but they weren't meeting the needs
that I wanted (easy web-based multi-image upload, editing, organizing).
Then I started wondering about using Picasa, Flickr, or Photobucket for the
image uploading/storage, and incorporating those galleries into their
website.

My questions:
1)  Yes or no?
2) Recommendations on one over the other, and why?
3) Does the gallery stream/albums/photos appear like they are on our site,
or will they just link back to the Flickr (or whoever) website?  I'd like
them to just appear like they are on our site.

Another reason that I was looking at this is because some of them integrate
with Facebook, so they could have their FB profile updated at the same time.

Your thoughts are welcome, and very much appreciated!

Todd