[thelist] protecting videos

Ron ronr at linuxdude.com
Thu Aug 26 13:53:29 CDT 2010

Anyone familiar with protecting videos on the web? I remember something
about expiring keys many moons ago but I'm sure it's all different now.
I think it was only possible with a stream though IIRC.

I'm throwing this out without having done any research on it but plan on
starting tonight or first thing tomorrow. Figured maybe someone could
get me going in the right direction if they've had any experience with
it. I know it's not that common and may have no real value now.

Basically the idea is to prevent videos from being passed around easily.
I know it's simple to recapture but the idea is to just make it a little
more troublesome to bootleg.

TIA

Ron