[thelist] mind mapping tools

Scott Dexter dexilalolai at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 17:33:44 CDT 2010

I use freemind -- http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

________________________________
From: Alex Beston <alex.beston at gmail.com>
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Sent: Thu, September 2, 2010 4:22:49 PM
Subject: [thelist] mind mapping tools

Hiya

Havent posted for ages to this list so sorry first for being a stranger! [1]

Anyway.

Recently I have really taken stock & decided to work for a corporate
and currently on day 4 of my campaign and was looking for some nice
visualisation tools to do brainstorming on my approach and also just
to get a-hold of what it is I am trying to do. I keep telling myself I
am passionate about developing but all i can be honest is that i just
like to solve puzzles.

I have a white board and on it are sketches of a "mind map" showing
"moi" at the centre and bubbles radiating out and bubbles off bubbles
and attributes / properties inside the bubbles (no I dont think of
myself as a database! just a convenience to explain my whiteboard
sketch)

so is there a neat online tool where I can pop things in there on the
screen, from my sketch. what Im trying to do is take the neat form of
the mindmap and turn it into a reasoned, selling document / paragraph
so that it serves as a "who I am" or "where I am at the moment" when
people read my CV / resume.

Should anyone want to see what it is I have to tidy up, here it is
below, warts & all. you were warned!!

http://www.deltatraffic.co.uk/images/mind-map-moi.jpeg

--
rgds, Alex

blarg: bit.ly/old-log

[1]

(I remember getting lots of help & advice so should really have tried
to help b4; looks like i will be able to at last fulful that inner
need to return the favour & help out )