[thelist] CF: Eclipse Frustration

Mark Mandel mark.mandel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 17:26:51 CDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Frank Marion <lists at frankmarion.com> wrote:

> Coldfusion developers: I'm getting frustrated trying to use eclipse. I'm
> hoping someone can share their own eclipse choices with me, meaning, what
> version of eclipse and plug ins you use?
> Here's what I need to do:
> Edit coldfusion (cfeclipse works well for me)

ColdFusion Builder. Yes you have to pay $$$, but it is worth it.

> Edit js, css, html, xml, text, apache config/.htaccess files

Builder comes with Aptana studio, personally, I prefer the Eclipse Web Tools
Plugins for this.

> Edit SQL and database acccess

Eclipse Data Tools Plugin. Although I tend to use whatever native database
tools comes with the DB I'm using.

> Use ANT, and subversion

ANT is.. well... ANT ;o) and subclipse for subversion (not that I use SVN
much anymore after switching to Git)

> Use FTP to upload, download and synchronise files.

ANT for all of this.

> IF I can access CF RDS, that's just a bonus

ColdFusion Builder if you want RDS, although I've never really understood
the need, personally.

How was that?

E: mark.mandel at gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

cf.Objective(ANZ) - Nov 18, 19 - Melbourne Australia

Hands-on ColdFusion ORM Training