[thelist] Big drop-down lists.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed Sep 8 08:37:40 CDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 2:07 AM, Lee Kowalkowski <
lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I think the point is you need to implement a search rather than an
> exhaustive drop-down.  Just think, what if Google used a drop down?
> It's impractical.

Exactly.  But, what if someone is searching for "Lee" but they do not
remember any addition letters in the name.  The matches might exceed the
size of the displayed list.  In that case might be useful to add a link
"More..." at the bottom of the list to go to a page that is designed to work
with long lists, better.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org