[thelist] Customer requirements: simple?

Kevin Timmins kipper_timmins at live.co.uk
Thu Sep 9 00:30:45 CDT 2010

I haven't read the full thread, but just on this note, I think one of the
keys is being confident. Have the air of, you know what you are doing, you
know its worth a lot. the customer should be convincing you why you should
do work for them not the other way round. It will change the dynamic of the
situation meaning that you have more control over getting a fair-trade price
for your work.
that's my two cents this early in the morning before work. don't be arrogant
or cocky though, just confident! be realistic too. don't overcharge or you
will just come across as a cowboy or an id**t. same if you undercharge. but
people like a cheap id**t. it's a balance to achieve. try some mock
interviews with very tough friends. also put yourself in a position to speak
in public. this is a real confidence booster and will put you in a different
stance and view about yourself. it's ok to turn a client down!

kevin