[thelist] Custom Quicktime Controls

Shannon Hubbell brundlefly at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:13:56 CDT 2010

I'm working on a project that's targeting Mac/iPhone/iPad users, and it
seems we're stuck using XHTML. We need to embed some videos, so we need to
use Quicktime.

The problem is that the client's branding people want us to use their custom
player design. I've done that for Flash video before, but now it looks like
we need to recreate it for quicktime.

I know how out how to create the simple buttons (Play, Pause, Rwd) but I
can't figure out how to create a custom scrub bar or volume slider. Any
thoughts or links would be most appreciated!

Thanks!