[thelist] <s>Spam</s> Marketing Email Return

Jack Timmons codeacula at codeacula.com
Wed Oct 20 10:43:56 CDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Matt Warden <mwarden at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think your idea about metrics is the right way to go. Do what they
> ask. Make sure you can report the results. If you are right about it
> being spam, then it will take care of itself.

Wisdom and reinforcement appreciated.

The customer base is people who, even though the website says in big
(think 30pt) red text "If you click this box, X will happen, and you
will be billed", will click that box then complain they were billed.
This is a frequent occurrence, likely because they know they'll get a
refund even if they do it every time. They consider the yearly
reminders to renew they asked us to send them as spam.

Life is so wonderful, you know. All of this makes for excellent joke material.

Every single body that's responded has helped immensely, as usual. If
only there were more questions related to what I do.

--
Jack Timmons
@_Codeacula