[thelist] news aggregator suggestions?

rjmolesa at consoltec.net rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Fri Oct 29 23:15:09 CDT 2010

Not standalone but for one site I use a Wordpress install with a plugin
called feedwordpress.  I've been using this set up for years.  It's a
rural community news sites also.  In most cases a search for local news
on the various engines outranks the local newspaper sites.

Find the plugin here http://feedwordpress.radgeek.com/.

Something I'm aware of and intend to replace that setup with someday is
Reblog.  I've never tried it though so I can't speak to how well it
works.  One primary difference IIRC is that it takes a human reading and
reblogging the articles.  Whereas feedwordpress is automatic.  I want to
use the standalone setup when I replace what I currently use.  But there
is a plugin for Wordpress as well.

Reblog can be found at http://www.reblog.org/.

I've searched far and wide by the way.  Many times over the last several
years.  This is what I've come up with.

Jon Molesa
rjmolesa at consoltec.net