[thelist] [thechat] web server running over a wireless LAN

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 14:03:08 CST 2011

Here's just one suggestion:

1) On the laptop running IIS, set the IP address to 192.168.15.10
2) Set the router to be 192.168.15.1
3) Set up DHCP on the router to hand out addresses in the range
192.168.15.100 - 192.168.15.200 (depending on how many you need)
4) Set up WPA2 on the router
5) Set up some SSID on the router
6) Configure your tablets to connect to the router with SSID
authenticating with the WPA2 passphrase
7) Configure your client apps to use the IIS IP address of 192.168.15.10.

Dean