[thelist] contribution database

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 16:25:00 CST 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 1:12 PM, F Dariano <fdariano at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> For the annual NAMI Walk fundraiser, the Executive Director would like a
> donation page added which would keep track of which walker or team gets
> credit for the donation & have an entry for the Team name or Walker name.
>
> I thought a database would have to be created & looked into this but it
> seems beyond what I understand.
>
> Would another format work for this? Thanks for reading.

Not clear what you mean by "another format".

If you want the site to accept, process, and display information about
donations, yeah, you typically want a DB to store the data processed
by your application. (The data has to be stored somewhere; writing it
to the file system directly is clunky and slow.)

HTH,
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
twitter: @hassan