[thelist] SharePoint to Cognos

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Jan 14 11:48:43 CST 2011

Dwayne Conyers asked:

>>I have a client who wants to build reports in Cognos using the data in a
>>SharePoint collection.

>>My strategy is to do ETL to move the data into Microsoft SQL Server, which
>>will feed data to Cognos.  I have the Embarcadero suite to do data modeling
>>and etc...

>>Any thoughts on alternatives to that strategy...

Hi Dwayne,

Sounds like a good general plan, I think.  However, I've never worked with SharePoint collection objects so I don't know much about what level of pain that entails.

As a general remark I would simply suggest keeping as close an eye as possible on data quality, (and especially on reference data quality), as you can.

Good Luck!

Whose presentation this week requesting non-locking, read only production table (and custom SQL) access for SuperUsers went surprising well.  ;-)