[thelist] div-based layout alignment

Greg Holmes greg.holmes at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 14:46:05 CST 2011

Sarah Adams <sarahwbs at gmail.com> wrote:

> First thing:
> img {
>  vertical-align: top;
> }
>
> Then remove the <br> just before the Search label, and instead use
> padding on the div to achieve the same effect.

Thanks Sarah; that does the trick :)

> After that I would recommend stepping *away* from Dreamweaver and using
> a text or html editor to edit your html source files :) Get the inline
> CSS out and use an external stylesheet instead - it will make your html
> source infinitely easier to read. Then clean up the CSS.

Like many in the corporate world, I inherited rather than initiated
much of what
I work on :)  Just sayin'. (Though I'm guilty as well of adding some unsavory
ingredients to the tag soup from time to time ...)

I don't even have Dreamweaver, and I prefer Vim :)

Whenever I can make a business case, I do push for cleanup. Much of
the time, I do have to juggle whichever balls are already in the air ;)

Greg Holmes