[thelist] Rant: What happened to good printing houses?

Joel D Canfield joel at bizba6.com
Fri Jan 28 14:16:50 CST 2011

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:44 PM, Frank Marion <lists at frankmarion.com>wrote:

> Is this the norm, lately? Is this how business is done? Maybe I've got it
> all backwards, feel free to correct me.

Find a locally owned print shop. Don't do biz with the chains.

Even locally owned shops can be b0rken. We tried a few in Sacramento before
we found the one we'll use 'til we die, even though we don't live in Sac any
more. They can do anything, they keep their word, and they deliver what we
need, when we need it. Also, they don't ask stupid questions, but they ask
some really smart ones because they know more about printing than I do.

joel