[thelist] Getting iPhone to dial-on-click

Frank Marion lists at frankmarion.com
Mon Jan 31 16:29:08 CST 2011

It was my understanding that the iPhone should automatically parse out
telephone numbers and make them click-and-dial sort of deal, but I'm
having a hard time getting that to happen.

The phone number as-is does not work, yet is in (555) 555-5555 format.

The tel://+1-555-555-5555 formatted link doesn't seem to work. And
even if THIS one did, I'd like it to dial locally as well, since the
website is local to a specific area, meaning not needing to dial 1
first.

How to I get an iPhone to recognize and autodial a phone number from a
website's page?

Thanks.

--
Frank Marion