[thelist] QR Codes

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Apr 20 09:03:02 CDT 2011

>>rickroll?

And more.  Maybe I just think these thoughts, but gee, having a non-human readable code on physical media in a publicly accessible area ... what could go wrong?    I mean, it's not like any Anonymous individual could print their own QR code on sticky back paper and walk up and overlay it on a lawn sign promoting a Scientologist political candidate, right?

And we'll need a new word for the man-in-the-middle phishing attack opportunities ... cuz you only thought that code took you to a 'charity x' donation site.

Cheerfully welcoming the QR/NFC future,
Ron