[thelist] Copyright

Lee Kowalkowski lee.kowalkowski at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 3 15:27:35 CDT 2011

On 1 August 2011 21:22, Anne Millington <anne at millingtonstrings.com> wrote:
> Should it not change on Jan 1 of every year to the current year?

I dunno, I'm not from the US, but I would have thought the copyright
date was useful when contention arises, e.g. to prove your content was
the original version.  So an older copyright date would seem
beneficial.  I'm not sure many sites apply their copyright
declarations accurately with respect to dates due to the fluid nature
of the content.  Is it necessary to include the date in the copyright
statement?  A lot of UK Government websites have a "Crown Copyright"
statement, with no date.

--
Lee
www.webdeavour.co.uk