[thelist] GUI web builders

Renoir Boulanger renoirb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 06:28:53 CDT 2011

I am doing web since the dark ages.  I tried the GUI (Homesite pro, WebExpert, Dreamweaver MX) at the begining and found the power of writing all by myself.

The most enlightment wen I started reading W3C drafts and WCAG documentation.

I write and know html/css by heart ever since.

Regarding tools. I dropped Windows from my life in 2003 and use purely Linux, vi, gedit, since then. I can say that I am actually lost when I use a GUI. I even test mySQL query in a terminal.

My actual favourite tools are now:
- symfony framework for PHP
- GEdit (GNOME editor) for CSS
- Compass+SCSS (SASS) for CSS
- Netbeans for Javascript/PHP
- vi all the rest
- always a terminal opened for watching symfony development execution log and SASS compilation watcher

What are yours?

(envoyé de mon téléphone)