[thelist] Bogus web marketing company - can they have your website deleted from search engines?

Pamela Riesmeyer pjries at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 22:40:01 CDT 2011

Please forgive my jumping in here, but what does "verification by Google"
mean anyway? According to their Webmaster Tools Help page:
http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35179
this is all that site verification covers (emphasis added, mine)
"About site verification
Because privacy is important to Google, we need to know you own a site
before we'll show you certain information about it or enable you to use our
tools. *Verification doesn't affect PageRank or affect your site's
performance in Google's search results*."

Nan, I think that these guys are really close to something that a lawyer
might be very interested in and I agree with Frank that it would be good to
let Google know about this as well.

Pam Riesmeyer