[thelist] mobile expectation

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Wed Nov 2 16:17:41 CDT 2011

Bob Meetin asked:

>>What about youtube videos or other flash (and maybe other format) videos?  Is there anything to be wary of?

Hi Bob,

Haven't done extensive testing yet, but no issues for me so far.  It's handled the "4 Chord Song" by Axis of Awesome on YouTube.  (Very funny btw.)  I've also used it to show one of the grandkids a 'will it blend' video off the Blentec site.

One of my pre-purchase use cases was wanting a device that would play all of the "How to play song x on guitar" videos available on youtube.  [There are a bunch of these.]  I thought it would be fun to jam with, but I haven't gotten around to them yet.  I'm still wasting most of my time reading manga on-line ... but some day ...

HTH,
RonL.

I haven't tried Hulu or any of the other on-line video sources on it ... yet.  And I haven't downloaded any video files onto it for offline playback yet either.  Eventually I will fool with it more.  It's still pretty new.  (I haven't even overclocked it yet!)