[thelist] VPS over shared hosting

Peter Loron peterl at standingwave.org
Thu Jan 19 12:10:07 CST 2012

Not sure if you have other requirements that may be pushing you towards a VPS, but they can be had fairly cheaply. I highly recommend Linode for VPS service, and they do have a datacenter in London.

On main negative of a VPS compared to shared hosting is that you are typically responsible for maintaining the machine…monitoring logs, updating software, watching for security problems, etc.

-Pete