[thelist] backups / disk space

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Mon Mar 5 16:58:22 CST 2012

Bob

You're asking whether accepting the offer that the hosting co is putting out to the general market (without even taking into account giving you a better deal for your loyalty) is ethical?

Are you nuts?

If you accept the offer, they're bringing in *more revenue* against their largely fixed costs than they would otherwise be making. Granted, you're not paying the special "our VPS customers are dumber than a sack of hammers" gouging rate for it, but you wouldn't be anyway.

Cheers
Martin

“Best efforts and hard work only dig deeper the pit we’re in.”
- W. Edwards Deming