[thelist] Blogging software

Renoir Boulanger renoirb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:00:21 CDT 2012

I would come into it. Too.

its  matter of being comfortable.

I have experience with Wordpress and some with Drupal and a lot with my own CMS (2003-2007) and MODx.

I can say, without real programming skills solution could be Tiki Wiki.

With tiki's Trackers, Blog, Forum, user management, themes, and everything in one. You are good to go.

After people used and you doscovered other features you can just find out a way to achieve.

When it gets too complicated. A custom application comes handy.

When it comes to custom things like yours.

I tend to go to frameworks instead of CMS/Blog. I mean if you want something specific out of a CMS/Blog scope (that is your case actualy).

I have big love for Symfony. And even more with Symfony2.

Personally . I would even use WordPress or drupal as the admin zone. And use Symfony+Twig as the read only facing part:
- Better templating
- Better way to querythings
- Better code to work with
- Full ***Real*** (!!!)  OOP PHP