[thelist] magento / performance / amazon?

Hassan Schroeder hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 19:36:22 CDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:59 PM, Bob Meetin <bobm at dottedi.biz> wrote:

> My client has also asked about Amazon hosting. They do everything
> else, CDN, the works, shouldn't their hosting be superior?

I was looking into EC2 for a client, and it's like everything else - you
get what you pay for. And you need to do a bit of upfront research to
decide what size instance you want/need, what AMI to use, etc.

But you can fire up an on-demand instance without an upfront *cost*
and see how it works, which is a better deal than conventional hosting.

Worth a test drive, I'd say, if you think your site's performance issues
can be addressed by throwing CPU (or memory) at them  :-)

Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder at gmail.com
http://about.me/hassanschroeder
twitter: @hassan