[thelist] is there a service for testing various internet/broadband speeds?

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Tue Aug 21 10:05:12 CDT 2012

On 08/21/2012 08:24 AM, Robert Lee wrote:
> http://www.webpagetest.org/ has an advanced settings box below the browser
> selection where you can specify different connection speeds.
>

> HTH,
>
> Rob Lee
This is incredibly useful, reasonably well substantiates what I see via my connection speed.

The next question, should I check with W3C or elsewhere to get stats on what is installed, some percentages of what people are using. This may be a loaded question because of variables, but something, demographics aside.

How many still use modem? 1.5Mbps, 3.5Mbps, 15Mbps, etc???