[thelist] searching and JSON

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Thu Sep 13 08:56:18 CDT 2012

On 09/13/2012 02:48 AM, Nadeem Hosenbokus wrote:
> I'm curious now - what exactly is the application/site? How did you end up
> with JSON data in your database without other columns to flag whatever
> parameters you need to search by? Wouldn't the JSON in the table be just for
> retrieval?

I work primarily with Joomla. One of its more popular extensions is K2, an advanced content managing system.  It offers extraordinary versatility in storing data, the ability to add customized extra fields for storing specific data types, for data entry.

With that comes display but in a very regular, tightly controlled format. Therein lay the problem. To create a custom page view you need to create the queries and markup.  It's been a good little learning experience.  I'm still learning the versatility of K2, so not sure of the answers to your questions.