[thelist] exif information photo jpg

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Sun May 5 15:39:43 CDT 2013

Yes, I figured this out a little bit ago , also found something called
exif2 but haven't gotten at it yet.  picasa the application is not
available for linux, I learned that earlier.  I'm currently muddling
through some of the exiftool command-line options and approaching euphoria.

There are a variety of tutorials that talk about the benefits of
geocoding/geotagging and adding meta description information using
panoramio or flick, but almost all leave you hanging; they don't
actually say that the data is stored with the image in the 'head',
leaving you imaging that it is stored somewhere on flickr in a database.
Half half...

This is good... it is now making sense. Heck, knowing this now I could
easily store captions, descriptions in the file, not in a database field.